Garmin GPS Device is your mentor which guides you to your drop location. The navigation device is so accurate that you may not think twice on its guidance. Additionally, you have all data saved with complete details for backup or future reference which eventually makes it helpful to recollect location details. I guess you too have the same experience. Aren’t you?
But what happens is when you save all data, memory may get full due to which memory full error warning flashes on Garmin GPS. Now, this is not a big issue as it can be resolved by deleting unwanted data from the device. But what if you have abundant of memory space in your device and you still face this error. In this concern, follow this content to troubleshoot method to fix it.
How to resolve Memory Error in Garmin GPS Device?
We believe “when there is a problem, there is a solution”. Many times the issues can be fixed easily but we often fail to do so. Reason being is because of the unavailability of such a simple guide. Hence, we have straightforward guide which you can follow and get rid of the problem.
Try to Reset the Device
Resetting step at times is preferred to resolve any such issues. So, you need to shut down and restart it. The simple act of resetting may help to fix memory error.
Remove Archive files
There is liability of devices to make archive folder. This folder takes a bigger space and eats up enough memory. Located in background we don’t notice its presence and memory it takes. Here are deleting steps for archive files:
- You need to connect your GPS device to the computer.
- Your system needs Garmin Express for connecting your device.
- Download and install the Garmin Express app by visiting garmin.com/express.
- Once you connect to the device to your computer, you need to open GPS Folder.
- Garmin GPS Folder is located in C drive of your system.
- Thereafter, after opening Garmin folder click on GPX folder.
- Now, quickly search for archive folder.
- Go on the archive folder, right click and select delete from the folder.
- Wait until the files are deleted.
- Lastly, check for error message.
- If you have installed Garmin express in your system then :
- Easily connect your device to the system.
- Navigate to GPS Folder and double click and open it.
- Explore for archive folder and click on it.
- You need to delete entire content from the folder and Trash both.
Deleting this archive folder can easily solve the error Memory Full Error Garmin GPS. If it still persists you may try to perform Master reset or hard reset.
Steps to perform Master Reset
- Garmin GPS Device should be connected to wall outlet directly.
- A power button will be located, press it to turn off.
- You need to wait for 10 sec.
- Now, again press the power button to turn on the device.
- Press the bottom right corner of the screen, when the device is turning on.
- Now, a hard reset notification will flash on the GPS screen.
- Click on Yes to confirm the reset process.
- Wait till the process is successfully done.
Follow the above-mentioned steps thoroughly and if you fail to perform any step you can easily connect to expert team of Garmin via toll-free number and get quick assistance.
- How to clear memory on Garmin Nuvi.
- Garmin route memory full.
- Unable to fix Garmin 510 memory full problem.
- Garmin edge 200 memory full.
- How to resolve Garmin 810 memory full error.
- Unable to solve Garmin edge 520 memory full error.
- Fix Garmin Nuvi internal storage almost full error.
Also read: – How to install Garmin Express?
These are easy yet adequate steps to resolve the memory issue in Garmin GPS device even if have a good amount of space in your device. Anyone of these steps will surely rectify your concerned problem. Furthermore, if you get stuck in any steps you can connect to technicians who are available 24/7.