When it comes to the Outlook email client, it is associated with two types of file formats that are OST and PST. In Outlook all the data such as emails, calendar, contacts etc. are stored in PST file format. Whereas OST is an offline Outlook data file used by Microsoft Exchange Server. Basically, the OST file enables the user to work with their mailbox and data even when there is no connection with the mail server. When the connection is established all the changes are automatically restored. However, sometimes the users have to deal with issues which occur while synchronizing data from Exchange Server. Such issues can occur due to many reasons such as server downtime or an Internal error code 0000000E. Ultimately, these issues lead to the corruption of OST file.
Now, the corruption in OST files leads to various error messages such as internal error of OST file error code = 0000000E, service-specific error 0 (0x0), error code 0x8004103b etc. It becomes necessary to eliminate the OST file issue as it can also lead to data loss situation. Thus, in this blog, we are going to introduce a smart yet trustworthy approach to eliminate OST files internal error code.
Reasons For Occurrence of OST File Internal Error Code 0000000E
OST Internal Error Code 0000000E occurs while the synchronization with Exchange Server. Due to this error, OST files become corrupt and inaccessible. There can more reasons which lead to the occurrence of OST internal error 0000000E are:
- Oversized OST file
- Synchronization issue
- Abrupt shutdown of the system
- Attack of Virus or Malware
- The sudden termination of Outlook program
Different Ways to Resolve Outlook OST Internal Error Code 0000000E Problem
In this section, we are going to explain multiple ways using which the user can fix Outlook OST internal error
Method 1: Using ScanOST/ScanPST Tool
Now, the users can make use of the ScanPST tool in Outlook 2010 and above versions. For the users who are using Outlook 2007 or below versions can use ScanOST tool. With the ScanPST/ScanOST tool, one can eliminate the issues associated with OST file. To fix Outlook OST internal error, the user has to follow the steps given below:
- First of all, exit Outlook window
- Next, locate the ScanOST.exe on your system and run it
- Browse to open the OST file which you want to repair
- Finally, click on the Scan button to begin the scanning process
- After scanning, if the utility founds error then click on the Repair to fix the error
Method 2: Rebuilding OST File
If still the error is not fixed then the user can rebuild the OST file. To recreate or rebuild the OST file the user has to follow the steps given below:
- First of all, you need to open Outlook and click on File > Account Settings
- In the Account Settings windows, you need to select the Email tab and select Microsoft.
- After that, click on the More Settings and in the Microsoft Exchange window you have to select Advanced option.
- Now, click on the Offline Folder File Settings and in the File Field, you have to type the path of the OST file.
- Click on the OK button. The system names the OST file as Outlook.ost. A file with Outlook.ost (same name) exists already in the system then you will be prompted for a new file name.
- Click on the OK button and then click on Finish. The system will rebuild a new OST file.
Still, not able to fix OST file internal error. Do not worry, Method 3 will surely help you out.
Method 3: Expert Solution to Solve OST File Internal Error Code 0000000E
With the Exchange OST file Recovery tool, the user can easily fix all the issues associated with the OST file. The software is capable eliminate OST file internal error associated with OST file and restore the healthy OST file into different file formats such as PST/MSG/EML/HTML etc. Moreover, one can also work with encrypted OST file as the software allows to decrypt the OST file emails by removing S/MIME and OpenPGP encryption. One can also restore the selective OST files via using the date filter option. All in all, it is a versatile and feature-rich utility, which makes easy for the user to eliminate the corruption from the OST files.
There are many users who face issues while working with OST file. One of the most common issues faced by users is OST file internal error code 0000000E. This error makes the OST file corrupt and the user may also face data loss issues. Thus, in the above section, we have introduced an efficient and simple approach to eliminate OST file Internal error code without any data security issues.